Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Style Map of European Inspirations


For the past four months I've tried to share the travel path of my daughter's European adventure. Why did I foolishly think it would be any different while she was away...I could hardly keep up!

 With Treks every weekend from Milan to Croatia;Ten countries later, her study abroad will be a time in her life that she will never forget and neither will I. Now I await with much anticipation to welcome her home and listen first hand to all of the many newly cherished moments that are now hers forever.

Our children teach us so much more about ourselves than we sometimes want to admit.  The gift they give us as we watch them grow into adulthood is a priceless lesson in human behavior...theirs and ours. Thank you for indulging me for the past four months and allowing me to explore my love of design coupled with a few family milestones. To close this chapter, here are a few more style markers to end our virtual trip.




Prague



Hotel Yasmin's Restaurant Cafe Bar "Noodles" in the Czech Republic.




The Sleeper Tom's at the Augustine Hotel in Prague
A ceiling abundant with architectural beauty!



Croatia



Steven Harris Architects LLP and Rees Roberts + Partners LLC collaborated on this handsome 15th century Croatian Compound for themselves. A beautiful location with a space "designed to enhance the way they live."




Barcelona

 



The Barcelona chair, a modernist classic by the iconic Ludwig Mies van der Rohe.



Venice



When in Venice masquerade as the Venetians do at carnival time or any time!









The breathtaking "Ether" by Murano-Lite features colour LED lighting.




"Ola" suspension via Murano-lite




Paris



Monsieur Gustave Eiffel's legendary tower! Home to both restaurants "Altitude" and "Jules Verne."





Nina Ricci Runway
~ Pink and Black--so elegant ~




COCO CHANNEL BROOCH 











This stormy palette is one of my favorites. Saturated and rich, a beautiful canvas it does make.




 Au revoir mes amis!




"Growth is the only evidence of life" - John Henry Newman



                                                                                
   Special thanks to Hailey Rowe, Skye Lena, Darian Symone H, Alex Oanono &
                                             Nick Mantle! Lots of love to all of you! XO                 
                                   
**Travel post were not necessarily made in chronological order, in order to protect my most valuable treasure:)




 


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE how you incorporated my trip into your blog!

    In exactly one week I'll be back in Boston and I can't believe how FAST these 3 months in Europe flew by. It was the most amazing experience I could have ever asked for. Not only just the travels, but also taking classes, for instance my Contemporary History class, and learning from a European point of view, has really broadened my horizons. I've learned so much about people, cultures, and how big the world really is.

    By traveling to all these places (most non-English speaking), planning itineraries, figuring out transportation, and learning about different customs, I've become even more independent and much more of an adult. This is was an experience of a lifetime, and I'm thrilled you shared it with others in her own unique way. I can't thank you enough for this opportunity, you're the most incredible person I know, and the best mother any daughter could ever ask for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely my dearest Lauren. It was our pleasure. You have earned it 100%!! It makes us so happy that we were able to help. And by the way...you are the best daughter a mother could ever hope for. A genuine beauty inside and out.

    Love forever,

    Momsey:)

    ReplyDelete