Dining Room Update...Time for textiles!
You might be asking yourself, "where did you start?" In this case it was the beautiful large print that caught my attention and wouldn't let go! Immediately I identified it as the face fabric (#2) for the captains chairs. Always looking for opportunities to use dual fabrics for upholstery, I went with a solid navy (#1) on the reverse side for a little regalia.
Guilty, I can't get enough of this beautiful metallic grass cloth (#3) with a hint of rose gold! Literally the jewelry for the walls, it will be on the focal wall behind a French grey metal sideboard. Since we are talking glitter, lets spread it around with (#5) gold thread metallic for drapery panels. They will be banded in raspberry and separated by linen, barely raspberry roman shade.
Our fret work chairs (seats) will be reupholstered in (#7) chenille, a pair on each side of the table. Both pairs will be separated by a single Louis chair done in this beautiful (#6) Leopard for a face fabric. On the reverse side more of the beautiful (#2) traditional larger scale print. Finally, I'm still thinking of all the ways I can use the studded (#4) tape, I don't want to give it all away yet.
My goal for this project was to truly blend the old with the new in a collected but fresh way. Mixing high and low materials giving the clients what they desire within a budget they can afford.
I can hardly wait to see all these pieces come back from the upholsterer! BTW - I'm still on the hunt for a rug, the original rug blew the budget, so back to the drawing board on that one. I'll keep you posted...no pun intended...well maybe just a little.