Thursday, October 25, 2012

Benjamin Moore's 2013 Color of the year!


Extended Forecast: Mostly Sunny
Like many New Englanders, we can always use a few sunnier bluebird days around here.  Well if we can’t change Mother Nature’s behavior, why not brighten up our homes with Benjamin Moore’s 2013 Color of the Year, lemon sorbet (2019-60). This pastel yellow is very subtle, yet refreshing and stimulating. Like our sun, the color yellow is very warming, uplifting, and cheerful.



To see the true color of the lemon sorbet, I went to the local Benjamin Moore store to get a sample color swatch because I know that my laptop screen probably will not render the color exactly. To experiment with the lemon sorbet, I went on Olioboard to create a 3D living room with this as a wall color. I started to notice that it makes a great ground color when complimented with neutrals and other pastel colors. These neutral tones in the wood furniture and grey sofa ensured that the yellow wall doesn’t over stimulate. I also chose multiple values of blues and subtle violets to complement the pastel yellow to create a split complimentary color scheme. These accent colors were chosen to create a sense of balance and harmony in color temperature and contrast.

As a result, I was very pleased with Benjamin Moore’s lemon sorbet. I found that this color is very dynamic in a very subtle way. For me, it can be used to stimulate a room create a warmer, more cheerful room. For others, it can also be refreshing from the saturated colors of the past.
 
    Written By: Ken Dang Certified Architectural Color Consultant & Intern at Cortizo Interiors.



No comments:

Post a Comment