Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas!

I am feeling blessed and fortunate to be surrounded by my family and loved ones. Given the recent events, I am sure that many of you must be feeling the same way too. Continued prayers for those who are working through the grieving process over the loss of a family member or loved one. I hope the support of those around you and the addition of faith will help along your healing journey.
 
Coming together for the holiday is all about the gathering of friends and family. Simple holiday decor is one way to avoid getting stuck in holiday overload.  Try using things that you already have in different ways to spruce up your home this season.  
 
Here are just a few images from my table this Christmas. I will be giving thanks for all the many blessings of faith, good health, family and friends.
 
Silver tree branches used as a centerpiece with a few ornaments to keep it festive.


Some of you already know how much I love a faux fur stole on my wine bottles. These were gifts from close friends with a wonderful sense of humor but mostly a great sense of style.

Silver lined chandelier shades add to the theme.

Beautiful glasses are key when planning to have great spirits to bring in the New Year!

A dashing Santa rings the dinner bell as he hurries along!


We will be curing our sweet tooth by sharing a traditional Spanish Nougat "Turron"...Bueno!
 
Truffles also work really well to satisfy the chocolate lovers.

Ornamental snowflakes hang in the balance from the centerpiece.

I will be thinking of all our loved ones passed as God blesses our table.

My casual chairs felt a little sterile, so I used napkins and buttoned straps to adhere to the chairs giving them a more formal look. I also used pine cuttings and ribbons to dress picture frames that will act as place setting markers.

Simple solutions: These button strappings came with the napkins to hold them together!
Talk about a "no sew" project!

No need to guess what this gathering is all about, this napkin says it all!

SPEND MORE TIME CELEBRATING!

JUST ADD A FEW ORNAMENTAL BEAUTIES!

KEEP IT FESTIVE AND SIMPLE!

I TRULY HOPE THAT YOU SPEND YOU HOLIDAY FILLED WITH LOTS OF LOVE, LAUGHTER AND GODS BLESSING! WISHING YOU THE VERY BEST THIS HOLIDAY AND NEW YEAR!
                                                          -Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment